Saturday, September 12, 2009

Top Ten Movie Characters (Continued)

5. The Man With No Name

Acted by: Clint Eastwood

Movie: A Fistful of Dollars (1964), For A Few Dollars More (1965), The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966)

Info: The definitive role that made Eastwood famous in the Hollywood circle and practically the whole world. Playing a smooth talking cool as motherfucker cowboy with a holier than thou quick draw, this was Eastwood's most memorable role besides Dirty Harry.

Memorable quotes:

The Man With No Name: [counting Angel Eye's men] One, two, three, four, five, six. Six, the perfect number.

Angel Eyes: I thought three was the perfect number.

The Man With No Name:
I've got six more bullets in my gun

4. Winston Wolfe

Acted by: Harvey Keitel

Movie: Pulp Fiction (1994)

Info: Harvey Keitel who previously played the role of Mr. White in Reservoir Dogs returns in another Tarantino film to strut his stuff. Wolfe can put Bond to shame. The moment he steps onto the screen. there's the aura of a cool as fuck motherfucker. He knows what to do, how to do and when to do. He is a man of action, not through literal action but through words. He comes in and grabs the situation by the balls. If Wolfe was a real life businessman, he would be the fucking Man of the Year

Memorable quotes:

The Wolf: Jimmie, lead the way. Boys, get to work.
Vincent: A please would be nice.
The Wolf: Come again?

Vincent: I said a please would be nice.

The Wolf: Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better fucking do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.
Jules: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that, your help is definately appreciated.

Vincent: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please...with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

3. Bullet Tooth Tony


Acted by: Vinnie Jones

Movie: Snatch (2000)

Info: Vinnie Jones was born for this role. A tough as nails motherfucker who plays by his own rules and with a 'don't take shit from no one' attitude. Put to boot some

Memorable quotes:

Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you're obviously the big dick. The men on
the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.

Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.

Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity and vision, but they're not clever. They smell pussy and want a piece of the action. And you though you smelt some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make yo
u wish you were born a woman. Like a prick. you're having secong thoughts. You're shrinking and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. And the fact that you've got 'REPLICA' written down the side of your guns...
[Zoom in on the side of Sol's gun, which shows 'REPLICA' etched on the side]

Bullet Tooth Tony: And the fact that I've got 'DESERT EAGLE .50'...
[Withdraws his gun and puts it on the table]

Bullet Tooth Tony: Written down the side of mine...
[Zoom in on Tony's gun which shows 'DESERT EAGLE .50 etched on the side ]
Bullet Tooth Tony: Should precipitate your balls into shrinking along with your presence. Now...Fuck off!

2. Rick Blaine

Acted by: Humphrey Bogart

Movie: Casablanca (1942)

Info: Bogart was nominated for an Oscar for his role in this classic film and fuck, he sho
uld have won. Blaine reeks of class from start to finish having the best lines and always having that cool as fuck look in his eyes. The 'I don't give a fuck' look. Solid.

Memorable quotes:

Rick: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You're part of his work. the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tommorow, but soon and for the rest of your life.

Ilsa: But what about us?

Rick: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to casablanca. We got it back last night.

Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you.

Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now...Here's looking at you kid.

1. Mr. Blonde

Acted by: Michael Madsen

Movie: Reservoir Dogs (1992)

Info: Why is Mr. Blonde in the number one spot you may wonder? Well, I'll fucking tell you why. Mr. Blonde is a sort of person who is on the inside, a psychotic motherfucker but hides this inner demon through his cool demeanor on the outside. He represents the hidden evil in men. Violence is not around him, he is violence. Striking one of the coolest poses since John Wayne.

Memorable quotes:

Mr. Blonde: Listen kid, I'm not going to bullshit you alright? I don't give a good fuck what you know, or what you don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing for me to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.
[Removes razor]

Me. Blonde: You ever listen to K-Billy's "Super Sounds of the Seventies" weekend? It's my personal favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Basterds

About Me

My photo
Motto Lotto: Ad absurdum